And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he

1 Corinthians 6:19 (New International Version)

19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 4, and 5 What a Friend We Have in JESUS

Been a couple days since the last post! Things are still going OK. I had a tough day on days 4-5. I think my body is adjusting to the change in calories and I'm tired way beyond normal. I have managed to maintain my diet rewarding myself once with a few extra calories but nothing unhealthy so to speak.. What I'm saying here is.. I didn't get the Baconator from Wendy's that my mouth has been longing for. No fast food. None so far.. What I have found is that this blog as added a level of accountability that I never thought it would.

It seems no matter where I have been my friends know the challenge that has been thrown down in my life to Take Shape For Life. I was a total grouch this weekend and Im going to blame it on the lack of caffeine and change in diet but, God may just need to give me an attitude adjustment.

I have been so encouraged by those following my blog, notes on facebook and even friends at a table following a little league baseball game, that it reminded me of some scripture.

15:14 (New International Version)
14You are my friends if you do what I command.

Its not always a bold text that screams one of the 10 commandments that God tells us today. Sometimes the voice of God commands us to add something or take something from our lives for many, sometimes a undefinable reason, yet we know He is telling us.
It can be a simple as, Take Shape For Life, for Me, your wife and your children!

Today, I am a friend of God as I try to do what he has commanded me. As I follow his direction, as I march to the cadence of His Holy Spirit, he will not leave me nor forsake me for I am a friend of GOD. Are You?




Blessings,



~~LH

No comments:

Post a Comment