And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he

1 Corinthians 6:19 (New International Version)

19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 3

Great Day of Choices!

Today has been good!

It started with some prayer followed by my family joining me for my morning trip to east-west stadium for some much needed stretching of the sore leg muscles. They are so sore from the last couple of days workouts.

No pain, No Gain.

Today was both humbling and motivational, Nat and I began our walk, and the boys, Trey 9 and Gavin 6 began thier runs. When all was said and done, Nat and I had convered two miles and where in a dead tie for last place. The boys where awsome, Trey did 3 miles only stopping for the quick sip of the water bottle, Gavin, who is 6, banged out 2.5 miles and never stopped smiling or listening to my ipod, which I missed greatly. Its funny how you dont hear how hard your breathing when listening to some worship music. Following the time at the track I came home and was remided of some scripture.

This Life is full of choices, every moment is a choice! agree?
What we do,
what we say,
how we respond to what we do or what we say is a choice.

Today I choose to live healthy! Today I choose Jesus, today I choose to stay on task, to keep the coarse, and rest in Him!

Psalm 62 says.. My soul finds rest in God alone. In the midst of this challenge Im reminded that we new good rest. The kind that restores our desire to continue and finish well. It seems strange to be talking about finishing well when I have only just begun, but I have started well many times only to fall short or digress when it begins to get tough. This lifestyle change is tough, Im praying for you!


Blessings
12 lbs Down




~~LH

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff Larry! Miss ya man, let's get lunch some time!

    ReplyDelete