And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he

1 Corinthians 6:19 (New International Version)

19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day Two

So here is the plan, Im actually two days into this and have adjusted my food so far and Im hungry. The good news is, I have lost some lbs already.

Day one consisted of none of the things that I eat and drink everyday.
I have or am eliminating about every drink but water, I will add some crystal light to them just for some flavor. No FAST FOOD.. NONE...

Had a tuna sandwich, some veggies, tons of water, no pop, no tea, had some cabbage and a boneless rib for supper. Walked two miles, jogged one mile.. Guess what.. wighed in this morning.. lost 6 lbs... It comes off us bigger folks fast at first..

I will begin meal supplements from Optimal Health this week or the first of next. Im excited for them to get here so I dont have to make so many choices on what I can eat and what I cant. Honestly, Healthy food is costly and over a months time Im pretty sure its going to save me some money.

Today has been good.
I had a fiber bar for breakfast,
Tuna and some greens for lunch.
Jay Kotsko and I will be hitting the sushi bar for supper.

I spent about 30 minutes at the track today, Im sore from yesterday.. Im hungry but I have found if I just drink water it helps.

Motivation:
I recently lossed an uncle who was 53. Seems young? yes? However, honestly his life was 75% over at least from a perspective of an earthly life. One of the things that I realized at his funeral is nothing new, but a reminder. You and I cant get a single moment back, no matter how much we wish or try, this moment is gone. I cant start over. I can start new, from right now, but I cant go back and start over. I cant have a new begining but I can have a new ending. I can live my life in such away that it changes the way it ends. I life full of eternal joy and bliss with no tears, sorrow, shame, guilt, or even sin. I can choose to run the race as if to win the prize. Im convinced that it is honoring to the Father to honor him with our bodies. I wonder how dissapointed he must be to have watched me abuse it. Then think about the joy that comes to my heart when I see my boys gain understanding and make good choices following mistakes and disobediance. Its then that I realize God is with us and He knows our hearts. Today I will honor him, my wife and my children, I will eat healthy today and I will not cheat. I have taken my laps around the track, spent my time in His presence, and lost myself in His Word. Have you?

6 lbs DOWN


~LH

No comments:

Post a Comment